For anyone left in the Eastern half of the US that doesn't know, I had Lap Band surgery on April 30th of this year. I started this process in July of 2012. Well that's when I made my first call. It would be month upon endless month until I finally had the surgery, but in hindsight, I'm glad it took that long. There is so much more to it, than what it appears to be on the surface.
My body underwent a physical surgery, but my mind has felt the sting of that surgeons knife almost as much. I would argue that the battles with my weight have been 90% in my head and the rest physical. I received a one hour session with a behavioral counselor before having the surgery that at the time I kept telling myself was just another hoop to jump through on the way to surgery day. What that meeting really did was open a flood gate of emotions that I have tried to rein in ever since. Feelings of guilt, shame, vulnerability, power, control and the list goes on. But now that I am months past the initial phases of having had the surgery I am starting to feel good.....Good about myself, my children, and the life that I have been blessed with. More to come on this subject soon.
Nice blog, thanks for sharing the information. I will come to look for update. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteLooking for the best Gastric bypass surgery in Mexico